The Martin Administration will work to create an academic atmosphere that takes into account the learning preferences of all students and caters toward students’ needs. Academic Affairs will continue to work on the projects they have started in the past and seek new ways to advocate for students on the front-end. By continuing to push the envelope, the Martin administration will create policies that are equitable, supportive, and student-centered.
Committee Goals for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Improve the class registration process for transfer students
- Improve the transition period students experience when beginning their first year at Carolina
- Reform Academic Advising by establishing a bilingual advisor, updating the current online advising system, integrating current advisors into pre-professional programs and changing the way advising is done during orientation sessions
- Integrate Career Services and Academic Advising so that the two offices are more representative and have a wider collective reach
- Create programs and resources that cater to the needs of students from Middle and Early Colleges
Sam Johnson, email@example.com
Sam serves as Academic Affairs Co-Chair for the Undergraduate Executive Branch and as member of the Student Library Advisory Board.
Sam is a sophomore majoring in Biology and Public Policy with minors in Chemistry and Medicine, Literature, & Culture on the Pre-Med track. Outside of Student Government, Sam is involved with Alpha Epsilon Delta, which is a pre-health fraternity and honors society on campus where he serves as his Pledge Class Vice President. He also is Vice President of Pink Bowz Inc., which is a non-profit organization partnered with the Lineberger Cancer Center to raise and donate money for women suffering from breast cancer at UNC and surrounding hospitals. He has served in student government on the Academic Affairs Committee for two years and is excited to create and introduce policy to campus and facilitate positive change in our community.
Auriel Kee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Auriel Kee serves as Academic Affairs Co-chair for the Undergraduate Executive Branch.
She is a junior and studies Economics and Communications. In addition, she is a Legal Assistant at the Hatley Law Office, where she works with attorneys and clients to secure clients for the firm. Outside of Student Government, she is a poet in UNC’s Premiere Spoken Word Organization, Ebony Reader’s Onyx Theatre, EROT. She has served in student government for the past two years under the Chief of Staff Office and in the Academic Affairs committee before becoming Academic Affairs Co-Chair this year.
Schedule a Meeting