Student Safety & Wellness
The Martin Administration will strengthen the wellbeing, safety and security of all UNC students. The Student Safety & Wellness committee will prioritize the needs of survivors of sexual assault, the LGBTQIA+ community and marginalized individuals. In addition, Student Safety & Wellness will advocate for policy reform in spaces related to student safety and implement programs and initiatives that will improve the overall wellbeing of students.
Committee Goals for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Host a Be Swell Conference
- Expand the Angel Shot Initiative to more local bars and restaurants
- Place a wheelchair-accessible ramp at the Old Well for relevant Carolina traditions
- Gather student feedback to improve Old Well accessibility
- Host more academic trainings for students to attend
- Streamline access to these academic trainings and work with organizers of trainings to continuously improve efficacy of trainings
- Advocate for all Teaching Assistants to complete One Act Trainings
- Actively support the LGBTQIA+ community
Brady Creef, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brady serves as one of the Student Safety and Wellness Co-Chairs for the Undergraduate Executive Branch
He is a junior double-majoring in Political Science and Global Studies. In addition, he serves as Political Engagement Director for UNC Young Democrats and on the performance team for UNC Taekwondo. He has served on student government for the past two years in the Civic Engagement Committee and as an Executive Assistant to the Student Body President before becoming Student Safety and Wellness Co-Chair.
Laci Hill, email@example.com
Laci serves as one of the Student Safety and Wellness Co-Chairs for the Undergraduate Executive Branch.
She is a junior pursuing a major in Human Development and Family Studies as well as a double minor in Speech and Hearing Sciences and Health and Society Management. She served as a member on the Student Safety and Wellness Committee and the Special Projects Committee during the 2018-2019 school year. During that same year, she also held an external appointment position on the Student Safety and Security Committee. Outside of Student Government, she enjoys spending time with friends and family, baking, working with children, and shadowing speech-pathologists in local school systems.
Schedule a Meeting